When it comes to decorating, one of the most important aspects of the design is often overlooked: the color scheme.
If you don’t balance out your space with colors that complement each other, you could end up with a room that’s too busy or one that appears drab and boring.
Black wall decor helps bring your space together in an appealing and interesting way, whether you want to make an impact or quietly blend into the background.
Here are 8 bold ideas for black wall decor that can add drama and character to any room in your house.
1) Purple plants
Purple plants are the new black. They make any space feel dynamic, modern, and fresh. You can find a wide range of shades from lavender to pink-purple to deep purple.
Just remember that these plants need light so they won’t do well in a dark corner of your room.
Make sure you have a place where they can bask in natural light! Purple also comes in many varieties of plant life: succulents, cacti, flowers, vines, and more!
Succulents don’t require much attention (just water every week) but offer up an earthy vibe with their different shapes and sizes.
Cacti come in all sorts of shapes and sizes as well; some species even produce small blooms at certain times during the year.
Flowers like daisies, carnations, roses, orchids, or gladiolus are great if you want something fragrant. Vines like ivy or jasmine would bring some green into the mix too!
2) Metallic artwork
Metallic artwork is a great option for black wall decor. It has a sleek, modern feel that can add sparkle to any space.
Metallic pieces are perfect to place on an end table or console table because they complement another decor well.
Like glass, metal can be embellished with many things like crystals, beads or sea glass which will add depth to the piece.
Lastly, it’s a timeless look that never goes out of style! Pair these creative ideas with other vibrant colors in your home such as pink, gold, or purple.
You could even layer them on top of one another to create a completely unique style!
3) Metal branches
Metal branches are the perfect way to decorate your wall and make it unique.
This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive project that will take you anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on how many branches you want to put up.
Metal branches can be found at any home improvement store or even in your backyard if you live close enough to a wooded area.
To start, find some small-diameter metal branches that are about 1 inch in diameter. These will work best because they will be easier to hang onto than big ones. If you have bigger branches, consider cutting them down to size before painting them black.
To get started, paint all of the branches with a few coats of black spray paint. You may need more than one can of spray paint depending on how many you have picked out for your design and where you decide to put them.
Once dry (usually about 10 minutes) attach each branch by bending it around something sturdy like an existing beam or attaching with wire across from one another on an existing wall so they form h’s.
The spaces between the h’s can then be filled with other items like vines or flowers for variation!
4) Statement mirrors
Mirrors are a great way to add dimension to an otherwise blank space. They also offer the opportunity to reflect light, making your room appear brighter.
This is especially important in spaces with high ceilings, which can seem more barren without mirrors.
For example, if you have a large, empty room with a cathedral ceiling, it will make the space feel more intimate when you install one or two mirrors on the wall directly across from the entrance. You can find mirror tiles at most home improvement stores, so it’s easy to get started!
5) Bright lights or spotlights
Lighting can go a long way in making a space feel inviting. But it doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated – often all you need is one well-placed light or a few strategically placed lamps.
Here are some ideas to help you get started with your own black wall decor:
- A bright chandelier can add warmth and romance to any room, but it’s especially great if your walls are darkly painted.
- If your home isn’t too large, installing an overhead light might be enough to make the space feel welcoming.
- To make something like this happen, we recommend using an extension cord and a lamp that plugs into it.
- Then attach the lamp cord to your light fixture by screwing on a fitting from Home Depot that has two prongs on top of each other.
- After this piece is screwed onto the lamp wire cord, use a screwdriver to poke through both of these prongs together into the fitting on top of your ceiling fixture.
- With this done, wrap electrical tape around the joint between the two wires coming out of your ceiling fixture so they’re secure against each other and cannot come apart.
- Plug in your lamp by plugging its wire into one end of the extension cord.
- And then plug the other end of the extension cord into a nearby outlet.
- You may want to consider adding another small lamp next to your bed, as well as another one near your couch.
- 10. Or maybe hang up a decorative shelf with hooks attached where you could put pictures.
- These suggestions will give your space more personality while adding new life to every corner.
- Also don’t forget about the artwork! There are many inexpensive places online where you can purchase art prints in various sizes.
- And although art is typically hung vertically on white walls, it looks just as beautiful when hung horizontally.
- There are also frames available that will work horizontally.
- And finally, always remember that when designing with bold colors such as black, balance and simplicity are key 16.
6) A Hanging Chandelier
A hanging chandelier is a great option for a focal point in any room. It’s also easy to install and a beautiful way to light up your space.
Plus, they come in all shapes, colors, materials, and sizes so you can find the perfect one to suit your needs. The best part? They’re budget-friendly! If you don’t have much cash but want to spruce up your living space, this idea is for you.
Hang it from an exposed ceiling beam or attach it high on a wall. Don’t forget about hooks and chains that are sold at home improvement stores too – they make installing these lights much easier! And if you’re looking for something more affordable, this DIY tutorial shows how to create a metal light with three lights suspended over your table. Here are the steps:
- Use four long pieces of 1 by 1/2 metal rod (we used conduit pipes), two at each end.
- Bend them into a U shape and clamp them together.
- Twist 4 electrical wire around them, securing tightly with pliers.
- Solder the wire connection on each side (if you’re not good with soldering, use clamps instead!)
- Cut off excess wire leaving enough to connect another set of wires, like in the picture below 6) Remove a strip of insulation from each end.
- Wrap the end of one wire around one leg and twist tight.
- Wrap the other wire around another leg then twist tight.
- Repeat for remaining wires. Finally, solder or clamp connections.
- Add decorative embellishments such as rope lights for extra pizzazz
7) An Intricate Picture Frame
This is a great idea because it’s not too expensive and it’s very easy to make. You can find old picture frames at thrift stores or second-hand shops, take the back off the frame, and then use black paint to make your own custom design on the inside of the frame.
There are so many options with this idea! You could write a quote that you’re passionate about, draw a heart with your significant other’s initials in it, or even just draw some pretty flowers.
This is definitely an option if you’re not great at drawing but still want something unique for your wall. The more time you put into your project, the better it will turn out!
8) Subtle pop art
If you’re looking to add some pop art to your room, but don’t want to go in full force with a canvas, then this is a perfect idea.
Use black paint or Sharpie markers to create a design on your wall and then use white paint or a contrasting color of your choice as the background to make the design pop.
This is also a great way to play around with different shapes when designing- try using triangles or other shapes you enjoy!
The coolest part about this project is that it doesn’t require any tools or materials other than paint and an old t-shirt. If you get too messy, all you need is water!
It’s no secret that black is one of the hottest colors in interior design. From furniture to accessories, many of us have embraced this trend.
We hope you found these 8 tips helpful for your black wall decor. You will also like “white wall decor“, “office wall decor“, and “flower wall decor.” For more similar content, check out our home page.