UPS offers a wide range of services for delivering your goods. Many readers ask “can I use any box to ship UPS”?
In this article, we are going to tell you that either you can use any other box to ship with UPS? What are the rules to ship your product in UPS services? Can you use other courier services boxes or not?
Sit back and read the article below to know everything about UPS and its conditions for boxes.
Can I Use Any Box To Ship UPS?
UPS allows you to utilize any box for delivery purposes. There are some terms and conditions you have to follow in UPS courier services.
You find it interesting that you can use any company’s box too. You can use branded boxes of Amazon, FedEx, USPS, TCS, etc. There are no limits to boxes. You can also use a simple plain box made of hard paper.
UPS have a set of conditions for boxes you are going to use. First condition is that box contains the UPS label and the second condition is that it meets the size requirement of UPS.
In the upcoming section, we are going to tell the types of boxes used in UPS.
What Types Of Boxes Does UPS Accept?
UPS accepts every type of box if you are shipping your goods. UPS sets a limit on the box’s weight, size, and its dimensions.
In this section, we are going to share the details of the box UPS accepts. If your box’s weight, size, and dimension is not according to the UPS’s box criteria, UPS will not accept it.
If you are delivering your shipment through UPS, your box should have the followings:
- Packages can be up to 150 pounds.
- Packages can be up to 165 in girth and length.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
Correction Charges in UPS
In the UPS delivery process, it sometimes happens that the package’s size, weight and dimensions results in extra charges. The condition we mentioned earlier is known as correction charges.
The reasons for correction charges in UPS are:
- Package’s longest side exceeds 48 inches and the other longest side exceeds 30 inches.
- UPS automated shipping system is used when a package’s weight is over 50 pounds or weight is not more than 50 pounds but it is not mentioned on the package’s source document.
- If the package is not encased in corrugated cardboard.
- Package is labeled with incorrect weight or dimensions.
Does UPS Accepts Other Brands Boxes?
We discussed earlier that UPS have their limits on box’s size, length, and dimensions. Does UPS accept any other box? The answer is yes!
UPS not only accepts other boxes but it allows customers to use other brands boxes too. The boxes you can use are:
- Branded boxes
- UPS old boxes (should be in proper condition)
- DIaper boxes (should be in proper condition)
- Competitors boxes (FedEx, Amazon, TCS, USPS)
UPS asks its customers to provide boxes in good condition and it should match the size of UPS boxes.
UPS rejects the shipment because of the box. It happens when the box is not according to the size UPS mentioned or it is damaged in transit.
Does UPS Give Free Boxes?
UPS gives free boxes for shipping. To get free boxes from UPS, you have to order boxes online from the UPS website.
- First you need a UPS My Choice account. Go to the UPS website and make you account.
- After creating your UPS My Choice account, login to your account.
- Search for the dropdown button “Shipping”.
- In the “Shipping” button, you will find an option labeling “packing and shipping supplies”.
- You need to click on the option “order supplies”.
- You will find every kind of box UPS is giving for free.
- After setting your box, you need to fill out the shipping information. Your boxes will be delivered to your house.
Remember that UPS is giving free boxes only online. You cannot get a box for free from your local UPS center. You might have to pay 1 or 5 dollars for getting a box.
Can You Ship A Wooden Box Through UPS?
UPS ships boxes made of wood but the customer needs to follow the conditions. UPS accepts every box for shipping goods. You can use wooden box too for shipping goods but it adds extra weightages to the box.
If you are planning to buy a wooden box from UPS, it is also possible because UPS offers for making a custom wooden box. You can visit UPS website for availing services from UPS for wood box.
If you are following the UPS conditions for a box’s weight, length, and dimensions, then you are good to go with a wooden box.
Conclusion – Can I Use Any Box To Ship UPS?
UPS allows you to use any type of box for shipping a package. You can use UPS boxes, UPS’s competitors boxes like FedEx, USPS, etc.
UPS also allows you to use wooden boxes for shipping goods. You can request to make a custom wooden box from UPS also.
If your box is not meeting the conditions UPS imposed, then you shipping will be rejected. In order to save your shipment from rejection, try to use a box meeting UPS’s terms and conditions.
You can also avail free boxes from UPS. For availing free boxes from UPS, you need to order your shipment online.
After reading this article, you know that you can use any box to ship UPS. If you have any questions in mind, please leave a comment.